Check NSFAS List of Shortlisted Candidates 2024/2025 here. This post contains link to check National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) List of Shortlisted Candidates 2024/2025. See more details under.
NSFAS Beneficiaries Applicants 2024/2025
Currently the 2023 National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) for has been closed, the NSFAS 2024 application link portal will be open on 21 November, 2023, runs till 31 January, 2024. Read more here.
Let’s talk who can appeal before giving link to check NSFAS List of Beneficiaries Applicants. A student whose application for financial aid is rejected, or the financial aid for a continuing student is withdrawn, may lodge an appeal with the NSFAS.
- The appeal decisions are subject to budget availability.
- Appeals will only be considered for students who has applied to NSFAS for Financial Aid
Let’s talk who cannot appeal:
Students are not permitted to appeal if they:
- Are registered for a qualification that NSFAS does not fund;
- They have reached N+2 (or N+3 in the case of students with disabilities).
- The student is a gap year student who NSFAS previously denied financial aid to because s/he did not meet the academic eligibility criteria.
- The institution has not submitted their registration record to NSFAS or has submitted an incorrect registration record such enquiries should be directed to the institution.
Selection Criteria for National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) Selected Beneficiaries
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualifies for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- Person with disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
Benefits for Successful Shortlisted Candidates
Amounts indicated of accommodation, living allowance, transport and learning materials need to be aligned with the approved latest DHET guidelines.
As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
- Accommodation in an urban area R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in an peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in an rural area R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
How to check NSFAS List of Shortlisted Candidates 2024/2025
Notification will be sent to all successful applicants via email or SMS.