Register for ongoing Australia Awards Fellowship & Professional Development 2024 Application Form Short Courses to study in Australia. Online registration is now open for interested and qualified applicants to register and apply online for Australia Awards Fellowship & Professional Development 2024 to study in Australia- see more details under.
The 2024 Australia Awards offer the next generation of global leaders an opportunity to undertake study, research and professional development in Australia.
Australian organisations such as government institutions, business and non-government organisations are eligible to apply. Organisations must be legal entities with an Australian Business Number and must be able to demonstrate links with partner organisations in participating countries, and provide in-kind or financial contributions to support Fellowships. Individuals cannot apply.
Eligibility/Requirements for Australia Awards Fellowship & Professional Development
Australian organisations must ensure that all nominated Fellows meet the following general eligibility requirements:
- be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of commencing the Fellowship
- not be a permanent resident or be applying for permanent residency in Australia or partner of someone who is
- be a citizen of an eligible country
- not be current serving military personnel
- be able to satisfy all requirements of the Department of Home Affairs for (DFAT sponsored) student visas subclass 500
- be able to participate in the Fellowship.
- be able to travel without family members as DFAT will only fund and provide visa support letters for individual Fellows, not their family members
- Fellows with a disability that requires assistance must travel with a career
Eligible African Countries
Botswana, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Fellowship programs must align with the following six development priority areas:
- Climate change, adaptation, resilience and green energy transition
- Gender equality, disability equity and social inclusion
- Digital Economy (including cyber, critical technology and media engagement)
- Maritime and the Blue Economy
- Infrastructure and connectivity
Fellowship Awards for successful beneficiaries
Australian organisations can request funding of up to AUD $34,500 per Fellow, to a maximum of 15 Fellows to cover:
- return air travel and relevant in-Australia travel
- training costs
- accommodation and living expenses
- medical insurance costs when in Australia (for Fellowship holder only)
- special assistance for people with disability
- program overhead fee.
How to apply for Australia Awards Fellowship & Professional Development 2024
Applications for ROUND 19 are now open and must be submitted ONLINE via Smartygrants.
Application form closing date for Australia Awards Fellowship & Professional Development 2024
The deadline is 11.59pm (AEDT), 7 November 2023 to submit your online application.