This post is specifically for candidates who applied for Lewis Fellowship 2024/2025 at Harvard Law School – see how to check your name if you submitted your application form successfully below:
Harvard Law School will offer the Reginald F. Lewis Fellowship for Law Teaching, with an appointment expected to commence July 1, 2024. The Fellowship is designed to support a recent law graduate who has demonstrated a strong interest in legal scholarship and who is preparing for a career in law teaching.
The Lewis Fellowship program particularly supports the training of prospective law teachers who will enhance the diversity of the profession. We especially encourage applications from candidates who will diversify the legal academy. The Lewis Fellow is required to prepare at least one major article for publication. Additionally, the Lewis Fellow has an opportunity to audit courses and attend workshops at the law school. The Lewis Fellow is expected to follow a schedule of research and work to be agreed upon with the Lewis Committee.
Application form portal for Lewis Fellowship 2024/2025 Registration has been closed since October 5th 2023. Selection process is ongoing. See more below: 2024-25 Lewis Fellowship Application
Selection Criteria for Lewis Fellowship 2024/2025
Each interested applicant should submit:
- a comprehensive résumé or curriculum vitae,
- a detailed (four pages maximum) description of the research and writing project that will be undertaken with a view to publication during the Fellowship,
- a statement of the applicant’s interest in law teaching and legal scholarship (four pages maximum), including a description of the fields in which the applicant expects to teach and pursue scholarship,
- copies of all transcripts, and
- two letters of reference addressing the applicant’s potential for success as a legal scholar and law teacher.
Harvard Law School selects individuals for fellowships without regard to race, color, religion, s^x, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, s^xual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to check Harvard Law School Lewis Fellowship 2024/2025 Shortlisted Candidates
All successful applicants for Lewis Fellowship 2024/2025 will be notified. For more information see the application form Official website