Apply for Stanford University John S. Knight Journalism Fellowships 2024/2025 in USA with $95,000 Stipends, application are open for interested and qualified applicants via online.
We are seeking journalists who are eager to explore, identify and test ideas for improving access to news and information people need to create and sustain robust democratic communities.
Applicants should be prepared to step back from professional obligations to devote themselves to this work and to fellowship programming we’ve designed to help them develop the leadership resilience needed for these times of uncertainty.
You should apply if you:
- Want to grow as a journalist and leader and believe that your best work is ahead of you
- Are excited about the opportunity to be coached through a deep examination of your mindset, your perception of yourself and your place in journalism
- Yearn to be “in fellowship” with a group of other journalists from varied professional and personal backgrounds
- Seek, embrace and prioritize diversity
- Are ready to set aside current work responsibilities and dig into a 10-month journey of professional and personal exploration
- Are committed to being in journalism.
Requirements/Eligibility for Stanford University John S. Knight Journalism Fellowships 2024/2025 in USA
- U.S. and international journalists with digital-native and legacy news organizations, independent journalists, journalism entrepreneurs and journalism innovators.
- Applicants need to have at least five years of full-time professional journalism experience. We do not require applicants to have a college degree, or experience in traditional newsrooms. (Work as a student journalist or summer intern is great experience, but is not considered part of the five-year threshold.)
- Our program is not open to people working in public information or public relations jobs, for trade and house newsletters or magazines, for government agencies, or in academic positions.
- Our fellowship does not fund or support book projects or reporting projects, and we are not a business accelerator.
Benefits for successful shortlisted candidates for Stanford University John S. Knight Journalism Fellowships 2024/2025 in USA
We provide JSK Fellows:
- Individual coaching and tailored workshops to help develop the leadership resilience and mindsets needed to navigate and lead change.
- A intentionally designed cohort experience that fosters opportunities to form meaningful and lasting personal and professional relationships.
- Time and freedom to explore the intellectual resources of a world-class university
- Membership in a global JSK alumni community.
- A stipend of $95,000, plus a housing supplement to help with rent.
- Stanford tuition for fellows and Stanford health insurance for fellows, spouses and children. We also give fellows tips and advice about finding rental housing.
How to apply for Stanford University John S. Knight Journalism Fellowships 2024/2025 in USA
Closing date for Stanford University John S. Knight Journalism Fellowships 2024/2025 in USA
International applications must be submitted by 1 p.m. PST on Wednesday, Dec 6, 2023.
U.S. applications must be submitted by 1 p.m. PST on Wednesday, Jan. 24, 2024.