Apply for Boren Graduates Scholarship Application Form 2024/2025 in USA. We are delighted to inform you about the ongoing Boren Fellowship Scholarship Application Form 2024/2025 in USA for interested and qualified applicants. Get started under.
3-12 months of study of languages critical to U.S. National Security for graduate students.
About the Scholarship
The Boren Awards for International Study were established by the National Security Education Act of 1991 in honor of Senator David L. Boren of Oklahoma to increase the number of students in languages, fields of study and world regions critical to U.S. security. Boren Fellowships provide unique funding opportunities for U.S. graduate students to study less commonly taught languages in world regions critical to U.S. interests, and underrepresented in study abroad, including Africa, Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Eurasia, Latin America, and the Middle East. The countries of Western Europe, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand are excluded.
The fellowships encourage graduate students to pursue specialization in area and language study or to add an important international dimension to their education. The award provides up to $25,000 for a maximum of 12 months. Preference is given to programs of 6 months or longer. Administered by Stanford
Requirements for Boren Scholarship Application Form 2024/2025 in USA
- U.S. citizen and willing to enter into a service agreement to work for the federal government in the national security arena for at least one year after graduation.
- Matriculated in a graduate degree program at an accredited institution, or currently enrolled in a degree program and in the process of applying to a graduate program.
Scholarship Value: Up to $24,000; Tuition and fees, room and board, books, research expenses, travel, insurance, other expenses.
How to apply for Boren Scholarship Application Form 2024/2025 in USA
As a first step in the Stanford campus process, fill out the Boren Awards Intent to Apply form
For the Campus Deadline complete the following steps:
Email PDF of your online application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Scholarship/Fellowship Nomination Permission Form and Waiver Form to email@example.com (will be provided to applicants)
NOTE: Do NOT submit your online application through the Boren application system until after the campus committee evaluation process is complete. We will provide more information about this step later.
1 – Eligibility & Basic Information
2 – Personal & Contact Information
3 – Educational Background
4 – Transcript Upload
5 – Employment History
6 – Activities
7 – Study Abroad Program & Budget: includes a one-page study abroad description. Letter of Overseas Affiliation (if possible)
8 – Career Plans (>100 words)
9 – 2 Essays
- Before essays, in essay section: Study Plan Title (25 words max), Research Abstract (300 words max), Research Methodology (300 words max)
- National Security (800 word max)
- Motivation and Public Service (1,000 word max)
- Study Plan Summary (150 words)
- Career Plans (100 words)
10 – Language Self-Assessment
11 – Additional Information
12 – Employment History & Activities
13 – Abstract and Methodology
- Research Abstract (300 words maximum)
- Research Methodology (300 words maximum)
14 – Recommendations : Three (3) letters of recommendation to be submitted online by references
- If a proposing a research component to their overseas study, at least one letter of recommendation should be from a research advisor at their U.S. institution
- Language proficiency evaluation form (optional) to be submitted online by reference
Additional information about the Boren Graduate Fellowship, including application criteria, can be found at: https://www.borenawards.org/