Apply for ongoing Ontario College Administrative Staff Association Recruitment 2023 for Fulltime Professor via online. We are delighted to inform you about the current jobs position at Ontario College Administrative Staff Association (OCASA). See requirements and how to apply online.
Academic Job Postings/Listings Only. No replies, applications or correspondence accepted at this forum. Please follow-up with the college directly.
ABOUT DURHAM COLLEGE:
Durham College (DC) is leading the way as a post-secondary institution, offering an innovative and transformative student experience and hands-on learning opportunities. With this focus top of mind for our students and our employees, DC is proud to be one of the fastest-growing colleges in the province and annually ranked as one of the GTA’s Top 100 employers.
The college offers a wide range of market-driven programs across multiple disciplines, including culinary management, farming and horticulture, business, IT, construction and trades, science and technology, health care, engineering, social and community services, justice, media, art and design.
With a focus on experiential learning, DC graduates are known for having the skills and knowledge employers need. More than 104,000 alumni represent the college, both locally and around the world.
Serving the Durham Region and Northumberland County communities for over 50 years, with campuses in Oshawa and Whitby, the college offers over 12,500 full-time post-secondary and apprenticeship students access to more than 145 full-time post-secondary programs – including four honours bachelor degrees and nine apprenticeship programs. Led by over 1,860 full- and part-time staff, DC has an estimated annual economic impact of more than $913 million on Durham Region.
Durham College is seeking an experienced and motivated professional who shares our commitment to quality and student success. The Faculty of Social and Community Services requires a requires a full-time professor to teach in the Social Service Worker program: Potential courses may include:
- Family and Family Systems
- Addictions and Mental Health
- Working with Indigenous Populations
- Candidates must be available to teach Monday through Thursday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. and Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Creating a positive learning environment that accommodates students’ diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences, and individual learning styles;
- Utilizing principles of adult education to actively engage students in the learning process;
- Effectively using educational technologies to support learning, manage and post grades, and deliver hybrid and on-line courses;
- Developing curriculum that uses appropriate strategies and tools to assess student learning;
- Ensuring that course and program curriculum is current and relevant;
- Working independently and demonstrating initiative; and
- Working effectively with students, the program team, and a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- A Master of Social Work (MSW) or equivalent, PhD is an asset.
- A minimum of five years of recent (within the past three years) and relevant work experience.
- Teaching experience at the post-secondary level with a demonstrated understanding and application of UDL and current assessment methodologies.
- Experience participating in industry-led or community-based applied research is an asset.
- Demonstrated commitment to putting the student experience first.
- Demonstrated use of current technologies to support student learning and the management of grades.
Proven track record of life-long learning.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders including students, faculty, support staff, administrators and community stakeholders.
- Understanding of the Ontario college system.
For more information on the required professional development for all new full-time faculty, please see the following website: Teaching Skills and Abilities.
Method of Application for Ontario College Administrative Staff Association Recruitment 2023 for Fulltime Professor