World Health Organization/AFRO Fellowship Programme on Public Health Emergency in Africa is ongoing. Registration form portal are invited from interested and qualified applicants. How to apply and register online below:
Are you interested in participating for ongoing WHO/AFRO Fellowship Programme on Public Health Emergency in Africa? Application form portal is now open for interested and qualified candidates to apply and register online. See how to submit and process your application form vi online.
We use this medium to inform you that the World Health Organization Regional Office for Africa (WHO) is inviting interested and qualified applicants to submit applications for a fellowship programme on improving the management of public health emergencies in Africa under the COVID-19 Incident Management Support Team (IMST).
A total of 15 fellowships will be awarded to:
- Five Master’s degree students;
- Five PhD students;
- Five mid- and senior-level public health experts.
To qualify, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be citizens of any WHO Member State working on COVID-19, with priority given to citizens of Member States of the WHO African Region.
- Be registered in a Master’s degree programme (Master’s Fellows).
- Be registered in a PhD programme (PhD/DPhil Fellows).
- Be a full-time employee (in the public/private sector or academia) with a Master’s degree or public health qualification or PhD (mid- or senior-level career Fellows).
- Have professional experience in public health (One Health, medicine, health financing, health economics, health policy, animal health, social sciences, and environmental health).
- Possess relevant experience that has contributed to the advancement of public health emergency management in Africa.
- Demonstrate potential for effective public health management that can positively impact the health outcomes of populations.
Steps to apply online for WHO/AFRO Fellowship Programme on Public Health Emergency in Africa
- Candidates must present the following requirements:
- A recent Curriculum Vitae
- Confirmation of registration in an academic institution (for Master’s degree and PhD fellows)
- Letter of employment (mid- and senior-level experts)
- A 500-word motivation statement for the Master’s degree students outlining their objectives and plan for the fellowship.
- A 2000 – 3000-word proposal for all applicants (Master’s, PhD students and mid-/senior-level experts) outlining the proposed project with the following section:
- Introduction of the subject of research
- Relevance and pertinence of the subject
- Brief literature review on the subject
- Research plan and activities
- Potential use of the outcomes of the research