Harvard I Tatti/DHI Rom Joint Fellowship 2023/2024 Application Form Portal now open for African Studies – apply here. we are delighted to inform you about the ongoing Harvard I Tatti/DHI Rom Joint Fellowship 2023/2024 for African Studies. Get started under.
I Tatti – The Harvard University Center for Italian Renaissance Studies and the German Historical Institute in Rome (Deutsches Historisches Institut in Rom) offer a joint residential fellowship for the 2023-2024 academic year. With this fellowship, I Tatti and the DHI Rom seek to stimulate and support increased scholarship on cultural exchange with and within the African continent during the period c. 1250-1750 by creating and promoting opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration, particularly between scholars from African regions and those working in European and North American institutions.
Requirements for Harvard I Tatti/DHI Rom Joint Fellowship 2023/2024 Application Form Portal
- Fellows will spend five months (September 2023 – January 2024) in Rome at the DHI and five months (February – June 2024) in Florence at I Tatti.
- The fellowship is designed for scholars in fields related to the study of precolonial and colonial African history c. 1250-1750, including art history, the history of expressive cultures, musicology, economic history, intellectual, political, and religious history, as well as literature and languages.
- Preference will be given to advanced research projects that address the relationship between the African continent and the Mediterranean world during the early modern period, broadly understood historically to include the period from the 14th through the 17th centuries.
- The fellowship welcome applications from scholars of all nationalities. Special consideration will be given to scholars from the African continent.
- Applicants must have their PhD certificate in hand by the time they apply and will be asked to upload a scan of it when submitting their application. (If the certificate is not in English, please include a translation.)
- Applicants must be fluent in English, Italian, German, or French, and proficient in an additional one of these languages.
- Each successful candidate must be approved by both institutions.
- It must be possible for Fellows to carry out most of their research with the resources available in the city where they are resident.
- The Fellow will be expected to carry out original research on the topic for which they have been awarded their fellowship. Priority will be given to applicants with no previous association with the two institutes
How to register/apply for Harvard I Tatti/DHI Rom Joint Fellowship 2023/2024 for African Studies
To apply online, Visit the Official Webpage of the Harvard I Tatti/DHI Rom Joint Fellowship 2023/2024