Work at Home and Community Care Support Services Hamilton Naigara Haldimand Brant Brentford Ontario, Canada as Patient Care Assistant – see requirements and how to apply online.
Brief about Home and Community Care Support Services, Ontario, Canada
We are Home and Community Care Support Services, ready to serve every person in Ontario. We partner with patients and caregivers, family physicians, hospitals, long-term care and retirement homes, service providers and Ontario Health Teams, to deliver responsive, accessible, integrated, patient-centred care.
Home and Community Care Support Services is committed to a culture of equity, inclusion, diversity and anti-racism. We are committed to attracting, engaging and developing a workforce that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
As a Patient Care Assistant, you will provide support for the assigned team in their daily activities to ensure that patients receive prompt, effective customer service. By applying your health care administrative support experience – you will have the opportunity to play a key role in providing connected, accessible, patient-centred care – and be supported by our collaborative team that includes over 8,000 regulated health care and other professionals. As a valued team member, your mission will be to help our patients be healthier at home, while you benefit from our supports for professional growth, personal wellness and work-life balance.
- Provide administrative support services to Care Coordinators
- Process new referrals, and orders for services, supplies and equipment
- Process and assist in managing confidential patient records
- Enter, update and maintain a high volume of patient data in the electronic database
- Answer a high volume of telephone inquiries from patients, families and service providers, and refer callers as appropriate
- Provide back-up support to other positions, as required
- A Grade 12 diploma (minimum)
- 2+ years’ related office experience
- Accurate keyboarding/data-entry skills
- Proficient with database software, MS Word, Excel, and other applications in a Windows environment
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Advanced multi-tasking skills, with the ability to meet performance and service goals
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team and interact tactfully and sensitively with patients from wide-ranging cultural, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including strong listening skills
- Flexibility to work a schedule that includes days, evenings and weekends to meet organizational needs
- Ability to provide a criminal background check
How to apply for Home and Community Care Support Services Recruitment 2023 for Patient Care Assistant
For more jobs opportunities – visit main webpage here