Work at Inland Group of Companies in Canada as EHS Specialist – Environmental. We are delighted to inform you that Inland Group of Companies is recruiting for EHS Specialist – Environmental, see requirements and links to apply online.
The members of the Inland Group of Companies (IDS,Inland Technologies,and Quantem Aviation Services)are highly experienced in aircraft de-icing, environmental management, ground handling and pretty much any other aviation support service you can think of. We operate at over 50 airports in four countries. Inland delivers services at small and large airports across North America and internationally using a range of technologies and customized equipment systems that are purpose-built to meet our clients’ needs.To learn more about our organization, please visit our website at: https://inlandgroup.aero/
Benefits for Selected Applicants
At Inland, we offer the following benefits, some of which are subject to eligibility:
- A rewarding and safe work environment (one of our core values);
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching;
- Discretionary bonus program;
- Growth and advancement opportunities for high potential employees;
- Employee and family assistance program;
- Competitive compensation and benefits package;
- Pension plan with employer contribution;
- Access to group rates and discounts.
About the Job
The EHS Specialty– Environmental is a key member of the EHS team providing environmental expertise, support, and services in addition to performing a broader health and safety role. The EHS Specialist, while specializing in environmental matters, also participates in division activities not directly related to the environmental function, including EHS audit and investigation, risk assessment, safety analysis, and a range of activities associated with the safety management system (SMS), environmental management system (EMS), and Emergency/Crisis Management System. The position will also play a role promoting and advancing organizational sustainability and ESG (environment, social, governance).
- Perform EHS audits, both on site and remotely;
- Perform EHS corporate investigations and support site-based investigations;
- Facilitate hazard reviews, risk assessments, and job hazard analysis;
- Provide EHS expertise and guidance, including that related to regulatory compliance, due diligence, and duty of care;
- Assist with EHS-related problem solving;
- Participate in the ongoing development, implementation, and continuous improvement of policies, processes, and strategies associated with EHS;
- Assist with analytics, including collection, analysis and trending, and reporting;
- Participate in EHS-related research, studies, and projects;
- Maintain a high-level of expertise through continuous learning and professional development to remain professionally current;
- Advise on process and other requirements needed to maintain environmental compliance
- Support regulatory reporting activities undertaken corporately;
- Advise on process and other requirements needed to maintain permits and approvals
- Support sites with environmental concerns and challenges to ensure compliance at a minimum.
- Must be familiar with the general framework of environmental management systems and compliance requirements;
- Knowledge of safety and risk management principles required;
- Familiarity with industrial and/or operational environments preferred;
- Familiarity or experience with ECCC acts and regulations, including but not limited to NPRI, E2, Halocarbon, TDG, CCME and SWIM.
- Familiarity or experience with EPA, SPCC, SWPPP
- Familiarity or experience with UK Statutory Instruments
- Familiarity or experience with ISO 14001
- Familiarity or experience with ESG (environment social governance)
- Above average adaptability, skill, and comfort working with a variety of computer software systems required;
- Advanced skill with typical office productivity software (such as Microsoft office products) required;
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in written forms, including the ability to produce reports and presentations;
- Must perform duties in a respectful, collaborative, and supportive manner that fosters positive stakeholder relationships;
- Must be capable of interpreting and relaying complex regulatory and technical information;
- Must work to the highest levels of confidentiality, discretion, and business/professional ethics.
- Post-secondary education in environmental sciences, engineering, or related;
- A combination of other education combined with relevant experience deemed appropriate to the role may be considered in lieu of EHS-related post secondary credentials;
- Minimum 5 years of experience working at a technical level with environmental compliance, systems (including examples such as wastewater management), in operational, industrial, or similar environments;
- Experience with environmental regulatory requirements (including reporting);
- Post-secondary education in health and safety considered an asset;