Apply now for 2021/2022 Delta State Ministry of Youth Development Rural Youth Skill Acquisition (RYSA) Programme Application Form. We use this medium to inform all applicants about the 2021/2022 Delta State Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Programme – REGISTER HERE.
Portal has been created for 2021/2022 Delta State RYSA Programme Registration Form, interested and qualified applicants are to register online through link I will provide here.
This article will give you details about the ongoing registration, how to apply online through the portal and requirements/eligibility for a successful application.
Brief about Delta State RYSA Programme
The Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Programme is designed to take the skill acquisition programmes to the rural youth population with the objectives to create income-earning opportunities, stem youth restiveness, discourage rural-urban drift and grow the local economy. The target youths demography under this programme are semi-literate and non-literate youths, who have acquired skill training, need start-up and fundamental business skills.
The RYSA programme has two training components as follows:
- The Practical / Hands-on training: This entails training of beneficiaries of the programme to acquire further practical skills required for them to succeed in their chosen enterprises. This training will be carved out by Master Trainers designated across different communities In Delta State.
- The Community Business School (CBS) training: The CBS Is a mandatory programme for all RYSA beneficiaries to be undertaken once a week for eight weeks in the course of the practical/hands-on training programmes. The programme is meant to equip beneficiaries with life and business skills that are critical to success In life and business.
Community Business School (CBS) Course Outline
- Introduction to Business
- Customer Relations
- Book Keeping
- Community Service and Volunteerism
- Business Networking
Available Skills Areas
- Aluminum Profiling
- Catering and Confectioneries
- Electrical Installations and Repairs
- Fashion and Designs
- Hair Dressing
- POP, Screed Making and Painting
- Welding and Fabrication
- Woodwork and Furniture
Requirements/Eligibility for Delta State Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Programme
- Candidates must be between 18 — 29 years old.
- Candidates must be from Delta State and resident in the Local Government Area
- The minimum educational qualification is First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC).
- Candidates interested in RYSA must have acquired basic training in the shortlisted skill area.
- Candidates must have personal enthusiasm, conviction, and willingness to learn and acquire refresher skill sets in his/her choice programme as a basis to establish and manage an enterprise.
How to apply for 2021/2022 Delta State Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Programme
Visit the Delta State Ministry of Youth website
- Application forms for RYSA are available at the Ministry’s field offices across the 25 Local Government Areas of the State.
- Interested candidates must pick up the application forms IN PERSON, fill and submit them within the stipulated timeline.
- Shortlisted candidates must undergo oral interviews and proficiency tests based on the skill area of choice.
- Applicants for RYSA must fill and submit the guarantors’ form.
- Selected candidates must abide by the rules and regulations set by the Ministry of Youth Development.
- Interested candidates must pass the proficiency test in his/her chosen skill area to be eligible for the programme.
- Beneficiaries must complete the Refresher/CBS training before the Start-up Packs presentation.
- Candidates must pass the training completion proficiency test and Community Business School (CBS) training test before been awarded Certificate and g ven support.
- Successful Beneficiaries must subject themselves to the mentoring process of the Directorate for Youth Monitoring & Mentoring (DYMM).