Study in Germany; apply for DAAD EPOS Scholarship for Masters of International and Development Economics 2024 for international Students – register online here.
DAAD Scholarship 2024
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) can grant a limited number of scholarships (6-8) to cover living expenses (service fee is waived for recipients of such grants) for applicants from developing and newly industrialised countries. Applicants are selected by the DAAD in cooperation with HTW Berlin. For more information on the DAAD scholarship, please see the DAAD webpage.
Requirements/Eligibility for DAAD EPOS Scholarship for Masters of International and Development Economics 2024
Applicants for the DAAD scholarship must
- come from a developing or newly industrialised country (link to list of eligible countries)
- have 2 or more years of professional experience since graduation (at the time of application)
- must not have graduated longer than 6 years ago
- fulfill the MIDE admission requirements.
- works either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas.
- holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
- has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor) at the time of application.
- His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old.
Benefits for selected beneficiaries
- Living expenses (17 months)
- Study and research subsidy
- A subsidy for travel expenses (incl. insurance for accident & personal liability) to Germany and back home after the completion of the programme
- Health insurance
- Preparatory German Language Course (February/ March). Scholarship holders will be expected to arrive in Germany in February to participate in an intensive German language training prior to the start of the programme.
- More Details
Steps to apply/register for DAAD EPOS Scholarship 2024
Register via official Website HERE.
- complete the DAAD application form and the DAAD checklist and attach both documents to the MIDE application form. Don’t forget to date and personally sign the checklist.
- submit a statement of motivation (letterhead, addressed to: “The Selection committee”, dated and personally signed) explaining why you are interested in attending a particular postgraduate course with reference to your current employment. Please further describe your development-related motivation and how you intend to make full use of your scholarship and education by taking on social responsibility later in your career.
Important: When applying for more than one postgraduate course (maximum 3 courses), you have to submit one motivation letter only, i.e. the same for each course, explaining why you are applying for these specific courses and why you chose that priority.
You do not have to submit a separate statement of motivation for the MIDE programme. Your statement of motivation for the DAAD scholarship will also serve as the required letter of motivation for the MIDE programme.
- submit proof of at least two years of professional work experience and state your current work situation at the time of application. It is required to submit the following proof: Certificate(s) of employment that include the exact position and period of employment. This/these letter(s) must come on official letterhead, be dated and signed as well as carry a stamp. Letters of appointment, work contracts, pay slips etc. are not accepted as proof of employment.
- a letter of reference from the employer(s), ideally guaranteeing re-employment after completion of the postgraduate course in Germany. This/these letter(s) must come on official letterhead, have a current date and be signed as well as carry a stamp.
Application form procedures
- Make sure you fulfill the admission requirements.
- Prepare electronic copies of the necessary supporting documentsand complete the MIDE application form.
- Letters of reference and proof of professional experience are only required if you apply for the DAAD scholarship.
- Academic Letters of Reference are not required at all.
Required application documents
Attached to the MIDE application form, you must submit an electronic version of
- a letter of motivation (max. two pages long), dated and signed by you
- transcript of records (including CGPA) and degree certificate (s) (official translations into English or German must be provided)
- an explanation of the grading system at your previous university (which is usually already part your transcript and/or the Diploma Supplement). Should this not be the case, please provide a short explanation prepared by you that contains information on the highest possible grade as well as the minimum passing grade.
- CV (Europass format), dated and personally signed by you
- Copy of your passport
- Proof of your English language proficiency
- Secondary School Leaving Certificate that includes the date of graduation from Secondary School.
Online application for April 2024
To apply, please complete the MIDE application form. You will be required to upload supporting application documents to the form. We recommend having these at hand before starting the application process.
Closing date for DAAD Scholarship 2024
- 31 August 2023 with DAAD scholarship
- 30 September 2023 without scholarship.
You might be interested on;
Sussex MBA Scholarship Application Form 2023-2024 to study in United Kingdom
University of Auckland Law School Postgraduate Scholarship Awards Application Form to study in New Zealand
Erasmus University Rotterdam Institute of Social Studies (ISS) Scholarship Fund Application Form
Apply for 2023/2024 Nigerian Agip Oil Company and NNPC / NAOC / OANDO Joint Venture Tertiary Scholarship
Italian Government Scholarships Application Form 2023/2024
Heidelberg University 2023-2024 Hans-Peter Wild Talent Scholarships to study in Germany
American University of Paris Scholarships Awards/Grants 2023/2024 Application Form
Aalto University Scholarship Application Form to study in Finland
Apply for 2023/2024 University of Pennsylvania Scholarship for International Students
University of Exeter Undergraduate Global Excellence Scholarships 2023/2024 in UK
University of Manitoba International Undergraduate Student Bursary in Canada 2023/2024
Study in Auckland University of Technology (AUT) in New Zealand