Do you need healthcare Jobs in United Kingdoms/United State; do you have what it takes to become a Nurse in UK/US? Here I will provide 6 Simple Steps to become a Nurse in UK/US from Nigeria.
Nurses are in high demand either in the UK or US because of their central role in healthcare. Yes, you can get job as a Nurse and relocate to work in the UK with your family, from Nigeria. This pathway applies for whether you have a RN or BSc qualification.
6 Simple Steps to become a Nurse in UK/US
- The first step is to do the IELTS Academic Exams (N75k) or OET (N140k). This can be done in Nigeria – Enugu, Port-Harcourt, Lagos and Abuja. For IELTS, you need a minimum of 7 overall.
- The second step is to register with the Nursing Medical Council, UK. The registration costs £140 and you can pay with your card online.
- The third step is to apply for a Verification and Letter of good standing to the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria (NMCN). Cost is N17,500 and can be done through REMITA.
- After your verification, the fourth step is to do the NMC CBT exam Part 1 (£83). This can be done in Nigeria at Person Vue CBT Centres. Pearson Vue CBT Centres are in Enugu, Lagos, Ibadan, Abuja. Almost in all the states.
- If you pass this exam, the fifth step is to get a job as a pre-registration nurse (Band 3-4) in the UK. You can get this job from Nigeria. Once you sign the contract of the job you like, the trust will send you a Certicate of Sponsorship (Cos) for your Tier 2 work Visa. If you have a family, you can move with them to the UK.
- While doing this job as a pre-registration nurse after relocating, you will then do the 2nd Part of the NMC Exams (OSCE) – £794.Most employers in the UK pay for the registration of this OSCE exam. If you pass this, you will get registered with the NMC Council and work as a registered licensed Nurse (Band 5) in the UK.
Other miscellaneous costs are costs for TB Certificate (N55k) and Police clearance (N2-10k, depending on location) that you need to sort out before leaving Nigeria.