Apply for Customer Service Representative Jobs Vacancy at Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB). We are glad to inform you about the ongoing Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) Jobs Recruitment for Customer Service Representative in Ontario, Canada. See requirements under.
- Organization: Workplace Safety and Insurance Board
- Division: Workplace Health & Safety Agency
- City: Toronto
- Job Term: 2 Permanent, 2 Temporary opportunity up to 12 months in duration
- Job Code: Not Available – Not Available
- Salary: Not Available
- Posting Status: Open
- Job ID: 184867
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for receiving and responding to inquires related to the claims, health care benefits, and other services offered by WSIB. These inquiries may come from both internal and external stakeholders via various telephone and online channels. The Customer Service Representative strives to provide our stakeholders with the best customer experience while supporting the values and principles of the WSIB.
As a Customer Service Representative, you will provide assistance and accurate information to the party making the inquiry. For situations where you are unable to provide first-contact resolution, you will direct the inquiry to the appropriate internal business partner. Inquiries to be addressed may include incident reporting, claim status, loss of earning benefits, health care benefits, return to work and recovery services, access and appeals, user support services, compliance, prevention and WSIB policies.
Requirements for Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) Ontario Canada Recruitment for Customer Service Representative
- High school completion plus additional specialized courses or certificate program of up to one year or equivalent skills level.Experience:
- One year and five months prior experience in customer service.
How to apply for 2022 WSIB Ontario Canada Recruitment for Customer Service Representative
To apply please submit your application by the closing date above at: https://www.wsib.ca/en/careers
- You must submit your application using only one of the methods identified below.
- Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
- Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
- Be sure to quote the Job ID number for this position.
- OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
Send application to:
To apply please submit your application by the closing date above at https://www.wsib.ca/en/careers