Works at USA Department of Justice, Bureau of Prison 2024 Recruitment for Medical Records Technician in this 2024, apply for United States Department of Justice, Bureau of Prison 2024 Recruitment for Medical Records Technician (Health Information Technician). Get started before application form closing date.
- Analyzes medical records for completeness, consistency and compliance with Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), Bureau of Prisons (BOP) and medical staff requirements.
- Performs the monthly medical record audit in coordination with the medical staff.
- Processes requests for medical information from outside hospitals, clinics, and physicians.
- Responds to requests from outside sources requesting release of BOP medical information, including court orders, requests by U.S. Attorneys and other institutions.
- Codes, using ICD-9-CM, complicated diagnoses and procedures for discharged inmates, ensuring diagnoses and procedures are supported in the medical record and appropriately reported via Sentry.
- Establishes medical records for all new admissions to facility; acquires, monitors and accounts for the medical records which accompany those patients transferred in from other BOP institutions.
- Performs a full range of administrative duties, including preparing reports, purchase orders, receiving reports, pay vouchers, quarterly and annual reports, medical referrals for treatment to other BOP facilities and pre-certification requests.
- Along with all other correctional institution employees, incumbent is charged with responsibility for maintaining security of the institution. The staff correctional responsibilities precede all others required by this position and are performed on a regular and recurring basis.
Requirements for USA Department of Justice, Bureau of Prison 2024 Recruitment for Medical Records Technician
- U.S. Citizenship is Required.
- See Special Conditions of Employment Section.
- Selective Service Requirement: http://www.sss.gov
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP). The ICTAP provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility; 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement; and 3) you are found well qualified for this vacancy. To be well qualified, you must satisfy all qualification requirements for the vacant position and rate equivalent to the Highly Qualified category using established category rating criteria. You must provide proof of eligibility with your application of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Additional information about ICTAP eligibility is at: Click Here
How to apply for USA Department of Justice, Bureau of Prison 2024 Recruitment for Medical Records Technician
You must apply through the online application system at www.USAJOBS.gov. Follow the prompts to register, answer a few questions and submit all required documents.