US Teaching Jobs Recruitment Application Form 2021 for Nigerians, Application Form Portal has been opened for interested and qualified applicants about the ongoing USA Teachers Recruitment for Nigerian Citizens. See more details under.
US Announces Job Openings for Hausa and Yoruba Teachers, It has been reported that the Public Affairs Section of the US Mission Nigeria has announced job openings for Nigerian teachers.
The US is called for application from qualified Nigerians wishing to teach Hausa or Yoruba languages and cultures to American students in US universities and colleges.
The FLTA program is designed to offer young foreign teachers an opportunity to teach Yoruba language and culture to American students in universities and colleges.
The Fulbright FLTA Program is sponsored by the United States Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA). As part of the Fulbright Foreign Student Program, the Fulbright FLTA Program is designed to develop Americans’ knowledge of foreign cultures and languages by supporting teaching assistant-ships in over 30 languages at hundreds of U.S
The program also allows participants to refine their teaching skills, increase their English language proficiency and extend their knowledge of the cultures and customs of the United States by engaging in non-degree studies while strengthening the instruction of foreign languages at US colleges and universities.
In a statement on its website, the US stated, “Becoming a participant carries with it a great responsibility. Along with their studies, participants teach language courses, supervise language labs and lead language table discussions.
Application and Instructions: The application and instructions can be found at https://apply.iie.org/FLTA2021
“They may also act as resource persons in conversation groups, cultural representatives, attendants in language laboratories, coordinators of extra-curricular activities, guest speakers in civilisation courses, head of language clubs, houses, tables and much more.
Grant Benefit for Successful Applicants
The grant covers the grantee’s round trip airfare to the US, a settling-in allowance, monthly stipend, housing allowance, health insurance, and a tuition scholarship for their coursework.
“Provisions will be made for participants to attend a Fulbright FLTA Summer Orientation in the United States before beginning their program. During the FLTA program, fellows are also invited to participate in a special Fulbright enrichment seminar and conference for professional development and networking opportunities.
Requirements for US Teaching Jobs Recruitment Application Form 2021 for Nigerians
The grant does not cover travel of family members; hence grantees will not be allowed to travel with spouse and children or relatives to the United States even at their own expense.
Field of Study: Competition is open to applicants who major in English Language, Education, Hausa, Yoruba, Linguistics and Languages.”
- Applicants must be citizens or nationals of Nigeria, or permanent residents holding a valid passport issued by the government of Nigeria. He or she must be residing in the country at the time of application
- Applicants must be graduates who have received their bachelor degrees in English language, Education, Linguistics, Yoruba, Hausa and Languages
- Applicants must be teachers of English Language or Yoruba or Hausa in Nigerian secondary schools, colleges or universities. Proven years of teaching experience are mandatory
- Applicants must have the endorsement of their employer
- Applicants must have an outstanding academic record and high level of English proficiency as demonstrated by a minimum score of 90 in the Internet Based TOEFL test.
- Applicants must have at least a credit in Yoruba language in WAEC/NECO
- Applicants must have an in-depth knowledge of Yoruba or Hausa culture and current events in Nigeria. They must have sincere interest in teaching Hausa or Yoruba language and culture to students in the U.S.
- Applicants must have leadership skills and the ability to motivate students in an emphatic manner
- Applicants must clearly demonstrate maturity, dependability, creativity, professionalism, flexibility, and a willingness to learn
- Applicants must be ready to become a cultural ambassador interested in meeting people and becoming part of community events and campus activities
- Applicants must have high motivation and a serious commitment to completing the program as scheduled and to returning home
- The FLTA program seeks applicants that have developed a sense of personal integrity and are original thinkers. Applicants that are found to have plagiarized in their application will be disqualified
How to Register/Apply US Teaching Jobs Recruitment Application Form 2021 for Nigerians
Hard copies of official academic transcripts should be forwarded to our office by regular mail.
For YORUBA Please address the envelope to the Fulbright Program Officer, Public Affairs Section, U.S. Consulate General, 2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos.
For HAUSA Please address the envelope to the Cultural Affairs Assistant, U.S. Embassy, Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central Area, Abuja
Applicants with specific questions not addressed by the online application instructions may e-mail them to Nigeriafulbright@state.gov
Note: Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted