Apply for University of Brighton Global Fellowship Scheme 2024/2025 via online through application form link portal. We are delighted to inform you about the ongoing 2024/2025 University of Brighton Global Fellowship Scheme IN United Kingdom.
The Global Fellowship Scheme provides prestigious awards to enable world-leading researchers and scholars from around the globe to spend between one and three months at the University of Brighton. During this time, you will be able to engage in productive research and build lasting collaborations.
Global Fellows will work in partnerships with University of Brighton colleagues on a joint grant application, produce a co-authored output or co-produced artefact, and share research skills and experience with researchers within our Centres of Research and Knowledge Exchange Excellence and postgraduate students. Applications must be supported by a research-active member of staff at the University of Brighton.
The University provides all Global Fellows with:
- up to £3000 for research-related costs (£4000 for applicants from low- and middle-income countries [see list here]). This research budget will be managed by your University of Brighton collaborator in line with University of Brighton financial regulations and costing systems. It may be possible to use some of this budget to provide help with extra accommodation and food costs while the Fellow is living in Brighton.
- travel costs for one journey in economy between the Fellow’s home country and the UK, booked by a University of Brighton colleague using the University-approved travel agent.
- access to University computing and library facilities.
The University cannot offer a buy-out for teaching at the home institution. Applicants will usually be on a sabbatical or research leave, or indicate a time when they are free during the year.
Requirements for University of Brighton Global Fellowship Scheme 2024/2025 in UK
- be based outside the UK
- hold a permanent, salaried position at a non-UK institution, (e.g. within university, government, public or private sector, charity or social enterprise), or be active as a self-employed researcher or practitioner.
- be an established researcher with a world-leading reputation in their specialised field
- demonstrate a strong interest in collaborating with University of Brighton researchers and in enriching the University’s intellectual environment
- ensure they satisfy the necessary visa requirements and have the appropriate insurance cover health insurance cover – please check the visa and insurance requirements section.
How to apply for University of Brighton Global Fellowship Scheme 2024/2025
Applications must be received by 15 November 2023 at 23.59 (GMT). Decisions will be communicated in December 2023. The Global Fellowship may start anytime from 1 January 2023, should last between one and three months, but must be completed by 31 July 2023.
All Global Fellowship applications must be made through the University of Brighton collaborator who is a research-active member of staff at the University of Brighton. The University of Brighton collaborator should obtain a copy of the application form and email RaKEInitiatives@brighton.ac.uk to notify the team about their intention to share. The full application should be completed by the Fellow but submitted by the University of Brighton collaborator and consists of:
- completed application form
- CV (maximum of four pages)
- list of relevant publications (maximum of two pages). Please include links to digital publications and/or artefacts, if relevant
- written letter from a senior line manager in the non-UK institution that states their agreement for the applicant to take up the Fellowship.