This article is all about how to enroll for Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI)- start your Aadhaar Card enrollment below: This process will not cost you anything, it is totally free. Here I will provide a link to enroll for Aadhaar Card and steps to enroll for Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). Red more under:
How to enroll for Aadhaar Card
To enroll successfully, visit uidai.gov.in link portal
- You can go to any authorized Aadhaar enrollment center anywhere in India with your identity and address proof.
- UIDAI process accepts 18 PoI (Proof of Identity) and 33 PoA (Proof of Address) documents. Please click here for a nationally valid list of documents. Common proofs of identity and address are election photo ID card, Ration card, passport and driving license.
- Photo ID cards like PAN card and Govt ID cards are permissible for identity proof. Address proof documents also include water – electricity – telephone bills from the last three months.
- In case you do not have above common proofs, Certificate of Identify having photo issued by Gazetted Officer/Tehsildar on letterhead is also accepted as PoI. Certificate of Address having photo issued by MP or MLA /Gazetted Officer/Tehsildar on letterhead or by Village Panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas) is accepted as valid PoA.
- Even if someone in a family does not have individual valid documents, the resident can still enrol if his/her name exists in family entitlement document. In this case the Head of Family in entitlement document needs to be enrolled first with valid PoI & PoA document. The head of the household can then introduce other members in the family while they are enrolling. UIDAI accepts 8 document types as Proof of Relationship. Please click here for a nationally valid list of documents.
- Where there are no documents available, resident may also take the help of Introducers available at the enrolment centre. The Introducers are notified by the Registrar. For further details please contact office of the concerned Registrar.
- At the enrollment center, please fill your personal details within the form. Your photo, finger-prints and iris scan will also be taken as a part of the enrollment. You can review the details you have provided and make corrections during enrolment itself. You will get an acknowledgment slip with an temporary enrolment number and other details captured during enrolment
- You need to enrol only once as multiple enrolment will result in rejections. Enrolling again is a waste of your time as you will get only one Aadhaar number.
- Based on your information provided, your details will be verified centrally. If your application is successful, an Aadhaar number will be generated and mailed to your address.
- The waiting time for Aadhaar may vary from 60-90 days after receipt of resident data packets in CIDR. However, it could take even longer in case enrolment is done through NPR exercise.
What will I do next after Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) Card Registration?
After enrolment, quality checks are done by the enrolment centre supervisors, followed by correction process (where required) and data packet consolidation.
In no distance time, the Enrolment Agency sends the data to UIDAI data centre. The data undergoes various stages of screening and validations in CIDR. This ensures that the source of data is authenticated besides ensuring that no duplicate exists.
Method of Verification for Aadhaar Card Enrollment
Method of verification is the RGI approved LRUR(Local Register of Usual Residents) verification process. Residents can verify the name of their Registrar at the enrolment centres or on the acknowledgement provided to them at the time of enrolment. Read more here.
Available Foreign Scholarships in 2022