Pharmaceutical Society of South Africa (PSSA) Undergraduate Bursaries for 2024 Application Form is out – register here. Through the Foundation for Pharmaceutical Education (FPE) the Pharmaceutical Society promotes and administers the availability of bursaries for undergraduate study of pharmacy at recognised institutions in SA from the second year of study onwards.
Guideline for 2024 PSSA Undergraduate Bursaries for 2024 Application Form
The following criteria have been approved by the National Executive of the Association, and will guide the Governors of the Foundation for Pharmaceutical Education (FPE) in making the award of the bursary.
The SAAHIP post-graduate bursary may only be awarded:
- To a paid-up ordinary member of the Association who has renewed her/his membership at least once.
- To a person registered for a post-graduate qualification (university post-graduate certificate, diploma or advanced degree) in a field of relevance to the practice of hospital or institutional pharmacy.
- In order to defray costs directly associated with the pursuit of the qualification (fees, research expenses, living expenses), but not solely to cover travel costs or attendance at a meeting, conference or short course.
- For a maximum of two consecutive years to any one applicant.
- Only upon the recommendation of the SAAHIP National Executive.
- The award shall be for an amount to be confirmed annually by the SAAHIP National Executive, and shall initially be R1500 per annum.
The process to be followed will be:
- Application by a member to the Foundation for Pharmaceutical Education (FPE). This application to be accompanied by sufficient detail to allow the secretariat of the FPE to determine compliance with the eligibility criteria as listed in 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 above. Application dates will be set by FPE, which will disseminate all necessary information about the bursary to prospective applicants.
- Confirmation of eligibility by the staff of the FPE.
- Submission of applications to the SAAHIP National Executive, for consideration at the next meeting of the executive. Consideration will be given to compliance with the eligibility criteria listed above and also to any contribution the applicant may have made to the Association. The National Executive reserves the right to consider any and all information available when making a recommendation in this regard. If the SAAHIP National Executive do not consider any applicants to be suitable in a particular year, then no award will be made.
- Recommendation of the successful applicant, if any, by the SAAHIP National Executive to the Governors of the FPE.
- Approval of transfer of funds, if necessary, from the SAAHIP accounts to those of the FPE.
- Award and administration of the bursary by the FPE.
- All recipients of the bursary will be expected to submit a report on their activities within 3 months of the end of the year in which the award was made. Reports will be submitted to the FPE, and will be conveyed to the SAAHIP National Executive for consideration.
Link to apply for Foundation for Pharmaceutical Education PSSA Undergraduate Bursaries 2024
Application form for undergraduate bursaries for 2024 can be downloaded here
Closing date for PSSA Undergraduate Bursaries for 2024 Application Form is out
The deadline is on 06 October 2023