The NYSC in consultation with the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 (PTF-COVID-19) and the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) have developed these guidelines to facilitate the safe conduct of the 2020 NYSC Orientation camp activities in all NYSC camps across the country.
All corps members will be tested for COVID-19 on arrival. Only those whose test results are negative will proceed to register in the camp.
The Followings are General Measures in Place
- Additional orientation camps will be provided in each State/FCT to reduce the number of participants in each camp. This is to ensure the observance of physical distancing.
- As part of usual practice, all orientation camps will be fumigated/decontaminated before the commencement of the orientation exercise.
- In addition to the fumigation/decontamination of the camps, there will be enforcement of physical distancing, regular hand washing, use of face coverings and proper hygiene in all camps.
- There will be compulsory temperature screening at every camp entrance.
- The use of face masks is compulsory for every corp member, camp officials and visitors.
- Beds in hostels will be re-arranged to allow for two-metres spacing, which will ensure physical distancing as provided for in the COVID-19 safety protocol.
- Lectures will be conducted observing physical distancing and will be complemented via e-learning tools.
- COVID-19 safety measures will be part of the content of the call-up letters for prospective corp members. All corp members are required to fill the COVID-19 testing self reporting form before they can download their call up letters.
- There will be deliberate reduction in the number of participants during each orientation exercise in order to free up spaces in the hostels and make for proper physical distancing and better ventilation.
- Camp officials, in addition to the corps members, shall be sensitised fully on the required measures.
- There will be Infection Prevention Control reminders and communication materials prominently displayed in every part of the camp.
- Hand hygiene stations will be set up across strategic locations in the camp.
Guidelines on 2020 National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Orientation Camp activities
- Assessment tools have been developed to inform baseline situation at the proposed NYSC camp sites. This will ensure adherence to safety protocols before opening of orientation camps and for entire camp duration.
- Readiness assessments have been conducted across NYSC camps to ensure that all camps meet the key performance indicators (KPIs) of COVID-19 preventive measures and are ready for safe opening.
Don’t forget to drop your comments with COMMENT BOX. Feel free to ask us questions; our team will respond to you, we will update you if there are any changes. All you need to do is to follow us via social media platform.
For latest news update about NYSC orientation camp activities 2020/2021
Just like our Facebook Page to get updates, Join here
Follow us on twitter. Follow Us Here