Apply as Museum Interpreter at City of Mississauga Ontario Canada. We are delighted to inform the general public about ongoing City of Mississauga Jobs Recruitment for Museum Interpreter – get started here.
Under the supervision of the Coordinator, Education and Engagement and Supervisor, Museums and Education, Museum Interpreters are responsible for providing engaging tours of the historic houses at Bradley Museum and Benares Historic House, supporting education programs and special events at the Museums of Mississauga, and off-site locations, and providing excellent customer service to visitors at the Museums during public hours. Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop content and provide tours of historic houses to a diverse public.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times to the public, including school groups, visiting artists, community groups and other stakeholders.
- Assist with execution of community events including event set up and tear down, parking support and traffic direction, provide support to event organizers and be a City of Mississauga Ambassador.
- Operate point of sale terminal & cash handling for admissions and donations.
- Cleaning and upkeep of historic house interiors and Small Arms Inspection Building.
- Research and information gathering.
- Assigned tasks during public hours shifts.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Must have completed or be enrolled in a post-secondary education program in History, Archaeology, Anthropology, Museum Studies, Cultural Studies, Fine Arts, Education or related field. Equivalent work experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of historical information related to the sites, artifacts, social history
- Cash handling experience
- Emergency First Aid certification
- High Five Principles of Healthy Child Development certification
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Available to work weekdays, evenings, weekends and holidays required
- Experience with PastPerfect museum software an asset
- Valid G class driver’s license and access to a vehicle an asset
Hourly Rate/Salary: 18.59 – 22.13
Hours of Work: 5 to 20
Work Location: Bradley Museum
Organization Unit: CMS/Museum & Education
Department/Division/Section: CMS/Community Services Dept , CMS/Parks, Forestry & Environment , Indigenous Rel, Heritage & Museums
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
How to apply for Museum Interpreter at City of Mississauga Ontario Canada
Applicants applying to this posting may be considered for the same position(s) should another vacancy occur within six months from the date of this posting, unless the requirement to repost is expressed differently in a Collective Agreement.
If you are selected for an interview and your proposed transfer or promotion results in a real or perceived conflict of interest in relation to the Employment of Relatives Corporate Policy and Procedure, you must notify the Human Resources Representative as soon as possible.