One way to experience the 5G network is with a 5G capable smartphone. So, unless your phone is 5G-enabled, you’ll need a new 5G phone to access the MTN 5G network and open your world to endless possibilities!
5G stands for the fifth generation of mobile communications.
This next generation promises users faster internet speeds, while increasing network efficiency and improving the flexibility of wireless services.
Just for activating your 5G smartphone on the MTN network, you will receive the following;
- 5GB FREE “one-off” data
- 11GB FREE data on selected data bundle purchases from N5,000 for 3 months. (please see FAQs for more information)
Explore the list of MTN 5G-Ready iphones
|Apple||iPhone SE 3rd Gen|
|Apple||iPad Pro 12.9-inch (5th generation or later)|
|Apple||iPad Pro 11-inch (3rd generation or later)|
|Apple||iPad Air (5th generation)|
|Apple||iPad mini (6th generation)|
|Apple||iPad (10th generation)|
Will a 5G phone work where 5G service is limited or unavailable?
- Yes, they will. The 5G phones currently on the market will automatically access the lesser 4G LTE and below networks available in non-5G zones.
Why is 5G Different Than 4G?
- 5G brings faster download speeds that already rivals and surpasses the present wired connections like cable or fibre.
With 5G, you get 100 times the capabilities of 4G like:
- Faster Speeds – Due to the high-band wave spectrum of 5G, expect to see download speeds that will surpass the current capabilities of your current home internet.
- Less Lagging – 5G removes lagging and buffering, which helps give users real-time experience.
- Improved Functionality- 5G creates better connections and increases the ability of users to power more apps, sites, and have a better experience for technologies like augmented and virtual reality.
- Innovation Beyond Imagination- Expect everything from gaming and streaming functions to self-driving cars and virtual surgeries that can take place from halfway across the world to be better and accessible using 5G
Feel free to ask us questions; our team will respond to you, we will update you if there are any changes. All you need to do is to follow us via social media platform.
Just like our Facebook Page to get updates, Join here
Follow us on twitter. Follow Us Here