Apply for Metro Family Physicians Medical Group Recruitment for for Medical Records Clerk at San Diego, California. Are you interested working with Sharp Community Medical Group? There is opportunity for interested and qualified applicants to apply online. Start below:
About the Company
Metro Family Physicians Medical Group, Inc is a Family Medicine practice that believes in strong healthy families and a commitment to individually focused wellness plans that maximize health and wellness for any lifestyle. The Medical Clerk’s role supports our business by maintaining all patient medical records and digitizing documents as required. The primary focus of the Medical Clerk is maintaining medical records in a manner that is compliant with ethical, administrative, legal, and regulatory requirements of the health care system, and always protect patient and employee confidentiality.
- Organizes and converts all paper files, charts, loose documents, and radiological scans to a digital format.
- Electronically file lab reports, x-rays, patient information, pharmacy requests, consultations, etc.
- Analyzes medical records for quantitative deficiencies and forwards completed documents for processing.
- Checks all pages in the record to verify correct patient information.
- Communicates with physicians and other departments to facilitate the release of information.
- Conducts periodic audits of medical records to ensure compliance with standards.
- Contacts physicians to expedite the completion of medical records and obtains patient authorization to release records as required.
- Ensures that institutional policies and procedures for maintenance of medical records are followed.
- Handles problem requests for medical information.
- Interprets and implements policies relating to disclosure of confidential patient medical information.
- Processes and closes patient files, including final verification of all information.
- Analyzes and answers correspondence requests in compliance with applicable policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements/statutes.
- Delivers messages and incoming faxes to appropriate staff
- Transports medical records to and from multiple storage facilities as needed
- Travel to other offices as required for medical record projects.
- Assist in training department personnel as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements/Qualifications for Sharp Community Medical Group Recruitment for Medical Records Clerk
- High School diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Medical Administration Certification Perferred.
- 1+ years of medical records clerk experience preferred.
Competencies & Success Factors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Thorough and organized with patient information and file maintenance.
- Knowledge of insurance guidelines including HMO/PPO, Medicare, Medicaid, and other payer requirements and systems.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and HIPPA regulations.
- Ability to maintain a calm manner and patience when working with patients, employees, and physicians.
- Ability to multitask and balance varying job duties.
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet company deadlines.
- High level of customer service.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Adhere to all company policy and procedures.
How to apply for Metro Family Physicians Medical Group Jobs Vacancy for Medical Records Clerk
Apply online via official website
You might be interested on;