Application form link portal is open for 2023/2024 Management and Program Assistant Internship 2023/2024 at Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) Washington for interested and suitable Students. See how to apply for this golden opportunity.
Are you looking for challenging, compelling, and important work? The Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) seeks to attract and retain a high-performing and diverse workforce to apply their talents and skills in accounting, auditing, business, finance, law, actuarial science, and information technology. PBGC has a distinguished and vital mission to protect the retirement income of over 33 million Americans in single employer and multiemployer pension plans.
PBGC ranked number two among small agencies for “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government for 2022.” PBGC cultivates a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility, and fairness, so all employees can contribute their full potential to accomplish PBGC’s important mission!
For this announcement, the number of applications will be limited to 100. The vacancy will close at midnight EST on the date the application limit is reached or on the closing date listed, whichever comes first.
About the PBGC Internship
Open to students currently enrolled at least half time, pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate in an accredited college (including 4-year colleges/universities, and community colleges); professional, technical, vocational, and trade school; advanced degree programs; or other qualifying educational institutions, and who are available to work at least 30 hours per week. Must be a student in good standing with minimum overall Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.5.
The candidate selected for this position will:
- Gather and analyze data, recognize discrepancies, and perform calculations on that data.
- Provide administrative support such as develop and maintain reports and coordinate logistics for an event or project.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements/Eligibility for PBGC Management and Program Assistant Internship 2023/2024
- You must be a U.S. citizen.
- You may be required to undergo a personnel security background investigation.
- Selective Service registration required for male applicants, unless exempt.
- Pathways Internship Program Requirements:
- If selected, you must:
- Sign a Pathways Internship Program agreement and adhere to program requirements; obtain the approval of the Pathways Program Manager prior to making any changes in academics and/or work schedule;
- Provide official documentation of enrollment status when requested;
- Perform successfully the assigned duties listed in the position description; and
- Adhere to all laws, rules, regulations and policies of PBGC.
- If you are graduating at the end of the semester and do not plan to continue your education, you are not eligible for the position.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
BASIC QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: In order to be considered qualified for this position you must meet one of the following qualification requirements (education, experience, or a combination of education and experience): If you are graduating at the end of the semester, you are not eligible for the position.
EDUCATION: In order to qualify for this position based on your education you must have 4 years of education above high school;
Specialized Experience: Applicants must have at least one year of specialized experience at the GS-04 grade level in the Federal service or equivalent to the GS-04 grade level in the private sector which demonstrates research and analytical skills as well as experience developing spreadsheets, charts and graphs. Examples include providing assistance with projects that involve collecting and recording data, using software programs to track data or assisting with data reports.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application;
COMBINATION OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Equivalent combinations of the education and experience above may be combined to meet the total qualification requirements.
How to apply for Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) Internship Program 2023/2024
Required Documents to submit
RESUME: You must submit a resume. Your resume must include your name and contact information and clearly show your expected graduation date and indicate your major. Your resume should be specific to the position you are applying for, relating your skills and experience to those noted in the job posting.
COVER LETTER (OPTIONAL): Your cover letter should state your interest in this position and the strengths that you feel will make you an asset to the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation. We will not use your cover letter to determine your qualifications; however, your cover letter will go to the Selecting Official along with your resume if you are referred.
You might be interested on;