Graduates in Kenya can now register for 2021 Government of Kenya Presidential Digital Talent Program (PDTP) Cohort VI intake for young graduates. We use this medium to inform interested applicants in Kenya about the 2021 Government of Kenya Presidential Digital Talent Program Internships. Get started below:
This post contains about 2021 Government of Kenya Presidential Digital Talent Program (PDTP), how to register online and requirements involves.
Registration Form Portal for Cohort VI intake is now opened to accept application from interested and qualified graduates to register online. Application form is expected to close on the 6th September 2021. Register before the application form closing date.
Brief about Government of Kenya Presidential Digital Talent Program (PDTP)
DigiTalent is the brand name for the Presidential Digital Talent Programme (PDTP), an internship programme that develops the ICT talent pool in Kenya through a collaboration between the public and private sectors. It is a partnership between government, public and private sector stakeholders and is to be implemented by the Ministry of Information Communications and Technology (MoICT) through the ICT Authority (ICTA).
Digitalent focuses on two key aspects:
- Leadership development to develop ICT leaders in government management staff by entrenching them with ICT business principles to effectively run ICT structures.
- ICT technical capacity development by training freshly qualified graduates through an internship programme to develop a ready and affordable pool of ICT talent for government.
Aims and Objective
The objective of the program is to prepare young graduates with skills on ICT operations, gain workplace experience, refine career goals and build beneficial networks in the areas of Network & infrastructure, Applications development, Graphics & Design, Information Security, Research & Innovation and Project management to enhance employability and self-reliance in the ICT sector. . Read More
Benefits for Selected Applicants
- Increased youth employability
- Improved Public/Private sector collaboration
- Accelerated economic impact through ICT effectiveness
- Enhanced service delivery by leveraging on ICT
- Support ICTA’s contribution to GDP projected to be 8% of GDP by 2017 as outlined in the ICT Masterplan.
Requirements for Government of Kenya Presidential Digital Talent Program
- Applicants MUST have graduated and attained First or Upper Second-Class Honors (or the equivalent) from a recognized institution in the last two years from 2019 to the date of this advertisement.
- Recent graduates in BSc ICT or Engineering – The graduates must have thorough knowledge in the core areas of specialization; Network & Infrastructure, Engineering, Applications Development, Graphics & Design, Information Security and Project Management. Depending on the core area, the applicants may be required to demonstrate technical competencies on the core of specialization prior to the interview.
- Must be a Kenyan youth between 21 to 35 years of age and unemployed
- Applicants should be willing and ready to be deployed in any government organization (MCDAs) within the 47 counties on full time from 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted to attend the interviews
- Females, persons with disability and graduates from the ASAL regions are encouraged to apply.
- Graduates from foreign Universities should attach a certification from Kenya National Qualification Authority(KNQA)
- Certificate in other languages, attach English translation from the relevant Embassy
How to apply for 2021 Government of Kenya Presidential Digital Talent Program
All applications MUST be completed and submitted online through recruitment.digitalent.go.ke.
- A duly completed application form must be submitted online; no paper-based applications will be accepted.
- Applicant should submit the correct information. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Must attach all required documents (Copy Kenya National ID ,Passport Size Photo ,KCSE certificate ,Degree Certificate ,Receipt/ Certificate of good conduct)
- Should be willing to be deployed in government organization within the 47 counties for 9 months
- Should have demonstrate passion for ICT
For more information on the Programme click here: ( FAQs) Frequently Asked Questions
The 2021-22 call for applications targets Presidential Digital Talent Programme (PDTP) Cohort VI intake.
Latest Scholarships to apply Online
Feel free to ask us questions about this article our team will respond to you, we promise to update you if there are any changes. All you need to do is to follow us via social media platform.
Get latest news update about Presidential Digital Talent Programme (PDTP)
Just like our Facebook Page to get updates, Join here
Follow us on twitter. Follow Us Here
Please don’t forget to subscribe to the site using your Email address for more updates, it is totally free.