Young African Graduates Applicants can now apply for 2022/2023 Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA) Program in United States; apply online before portal closes. Get started below.
Are you interested and qualified to work with United States Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA), there is opportunity for you to apply and register online for ongoing 2022/2023 Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant Program in United States.
As part of the Fulbright Foreign Student Program, the Fulbright FLTA Program is designed to develop Americans’ knowledge of foreign cultures and languages by supporting teaching assistantships in over 30 languages at hundreds of U.S. institutions of higher education.
Requirements/Eligibility for 2022/2023 Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant Program in United States
- Applicants should reside in the country of nomination at the time of application
- Applicants must possess the equivalent of a U.S. Bachelor’s degree with a good academic record; Master’s degrees are highly desirable at many institutions
- Are an early career teacher of English or training to become a teacher of English, or are an early career educator in a related field; prior teaching experience is preferred
- Applicants must have a sincere interest in teaching your native language and culture to students in the U.S.
- Are fluent in English, as demonstrated by a recent score of no less than 550 (Paper Based TOEFL), 79-80 (Internet Based TOEFL – IBT), or 6.0 (Overall Score International English Language Testing System – IELTS); test scores can be submitted to IIE by indicating the institutional code 2326 on the day of the test
- Are able to work creatively and be self-reliant while being willing to work cooperatively as part of a team with faculty, staff, and students
- Are flexible and have a willingness to learn
- Are adaptable to living in rural or urban areas
- Clearly demonstrate maturity, dependability, integrity, and professionalism
- Do not hold U.S. citizenship; dual citizens are not eligible for the program participation
- South Africa
- Middle East & North Africa
Algeria • Bahrain • Egypt • Iraq • Israel • Jordan • Kuwait • Lebanon • Libya • Morocco • Palestinian Territories • Saudi Arabia • Tunisia • United Arab Emirates
How to register and apply for Fulbright FLTA Program 2022/2023
Apply online via Official website
Please note better: The Fulbright FLTA grant is one academic year (approximately 9-10 months) non-renewable opportunity. The program is non-degree.
Available Foreign Scholarships in 2022