Apply for ongoing eThekwini Municipality Job Vacancy for Chief Quality Assurance Officer. eThekwini Metropolitan Municipality is a metropolitan municipality created in 2000, that includes the city of Durban, South Africa and surrounding towns.
|Chief Quality Assurance Officer
|Clinical Support Services
|Manager (Quality Assurance)
|Location – Town / City
|Location – Province
|Location – Country
Designs and implements a quality management system and skills development programme to
empower health care workers with the skills and knowledge required to render an effective and
safe primary health care programme.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Participates in the development of policies relating to a total quality management system and
implements and maintains a total quality management system.
- Implements control measures to monitor the standard of service delivery, storage of drugs and
vaccines, infection control policies and procedures, supervision of staff and equipment.
- Implements skills development programme for health professionals from within the Municipality
and the Province.
- Plans, organises, implements, controls and evaluates clinical training programmes for basic,
post basic, undergraduate and post graduate external learners within a comprehensive
primary health care service.
- Designs and implements ongoing development of competency programmes to all health
professions within the Ethekwini Municipality.
- Participates in the development of policies to ensure child care of a high quality and
implements and maintains child care standards.
- Undertakes relevant administrative functions relating to skills development, child care and
- Provides input into budgetary planning.
- Liaises with educational institutions, government and non-governmental organistions.
- Keeps updated with current health trends and participates in Unicity Pharmacy and
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council for the following Diploma or Degree 1.
General Nurse and Midwife. 2. Community Nursing Science. 3. Clinical Nursing Science
Health Assessement, Treatment and Care. 4. Family Planning Certificate.
- Valid motor vehicle drivers license (Code B).
- 3 years relevant experience
- A Diploma or Degree in Nursing Education.
- IMCI Course
- Diploma in Psychiatry
- Diploma in Advanced Midwifery
- 5 Years relevant experience.