To register for Development Bank of Nigeria (DBN) Entrepreneurship Training Program 2023 Application Form will not be a problem after reading this article till the end. Start your online registration below:
DBNETP is the flagship programme of the Development Bank of Nigeria and is currently in its 5th Cycle. Capacity building is a core mandate of the Development Bank of Nigeria, and so far, the Bank has trained over 2000 MSMEs across Nigeria digitally and physically, leveraging partnerships and the DBN Learning Management System (LMS).
DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme (DBNETP) will help in the followings:
- Ensure MSMEs are well equipped with skills and competencies to defend sound and viable business proposals.
- Improve the Capacity of MSMEs to access available credit.
- Improve the capacity of MSMEs for efficient funds utilization, trade, investments and access to markets.
The programme takes a blended learning format approach of virtual and physical training.
- Virtual Training: The Virtual training is a self-paced comprehensive curriculum of the basic business principles broken down into 9 modules and will be implemented using the DBN learning management platform of the BizAid App.
- Onsite Training : This is a 5-day intense practical training and the curriculum is based on a needs assessment of the shortlisted businesses. A total of 350 businesses will be shortlisted for this to be trained in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
- Pitching Session: All businesses will be eligible to pitch their business value proposition and 25 businesses will be selected to receive grant funding of N500,000 each.
Eligibility Requirements for DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme
All applicants shortlisted for the onsite training must meet the below minimum eligibility criteria:
- Owner of business must be 18 years and above.
- Business owner must be a citizen or legal resident of Nigeria.
- The business must be based in Nigeria.
- The business must be for profit from any sector.
- Applicant must be available to commit to the training schedule once accepted.
Selection Preference for DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme
- Bankability- Level of readiness to access credit.
- Feasibility and Sustainability of the business model.
- Scalability- Demonstrates potential for growth of business to create jobs.